Summer 2015 Job Opportunities
Kaiser Permanente's LAUNCH High School Summer Youth Employment Program
Kaiser’s LAUNCH (Learn About Unlimited New Careers in Health Care) Summer Program is an 8-week paid “internship” for underserved students in the 11th and 12th grades. Program dates are June 15 through August 7, 2015. Applicants are required to submit BOTH the paper SYEP application packet and an online KP application in order to be eligible for participation.
- The submission period for the online application is March 11 through March 13.
- The deadline for submitting the paper application packet is March 13.
- The paper application packet must be submitted in person to Kaiser Permanente Modesto Human Resources office, at 4601 Dale Road, in Modesto, by 4:30 p.m., on March 13, 2015.
Open the 2015 Kaiser CVA SYEP Application Flyer link below for additional information. Interested students can download the Application Flyer and Application Packet (16 pages) by clicking on the links below.
Stop by the main office to see Ms. Yescas if you have any questions.
INTERVIEW QUESTIONS YOU MAY BE ASKED
1. Tell me about yourself. (McDonalds)
2. What is integrity to you? (Krispy Kreme)
3. Name your biggest accomplishment. (Krispy Kreme)
4. Why do you want to work for my company? (McDonalds)
5. Describe yourself in one word?
8 Tips for Parents
How to prepare your teen for work:
1. Encourage your teen to investigate jobs and careers. Talk about work and your job at the dinner table.
2. Stress to your teen that for now, school is their work. Attendance is important.
3. Explore with your teen, without being judgmental, her or his personal talents, strengths, likes and dislikes.
4. Help your teen experience first hand, as many different jobs, businesses and professions as possible. Explore job shadowing, mentoring, "Take Our Daughters to Work Day", internships, youth apprenticeships, cooperative education.
5. Provide as many opportunities as you can for your student to learn technology.
6. Pressure your schools to expose students to career choices.
7. Guide your teenage toward acquiring skills.
8. Talk to your teen about work and career as a goal for her or his education.
Source: American Vocational Association
TAKE AN INTEREST INVENTORY
TAKE AN INTEREST INVENTORY ONCE A YEAR STARTING WITH FRESHMAN YEAR : http://cacareerzone.org;
VIEW INSPIRATIONAL VIDEOS : www.roadtripnation.com; roadtripnation.org
VIEW 8 2 B GREAT : www.cacareercafe.com