CAREER QUESTIONS ANSWERED AT THE WORK EXPERIENCE OFFICE!
GET A JOB!
ASK AN EXPERT> To get started, just ask yourself these five basic questions.
ONE> What are you looking for in a job and why? Make a list of the things you want from a job.
TWO> What are your interests? The best job is one that you enjoy doing.
THREE>What are your skills? Take an inventory of what you are best at.
FOUR>How will the job affect your future? Getting experience in the field is a good way to try out a potential career.
FIVE>What are the real possibilities? A personal connection is sometimes the key to getting an interesting job.
Source: Finding the Right Job for You from Parade Classroom
INTERVIEW QUESTIONS YOU MAY BE ASKED
1. Tell me about yourself. (McDonalds)
2. What is integrity to you? (Krispy Kreme)
3. Name your biggest accomplishment. (Krispy Kreme)
4. Why do you want to work for my company? (McDonalds)
5. Describe yourself in one word?
8 Tips for Parents
How to prepare your teen for work:
1. Encourage your teen to investigate jobs and careers. Talk about work and your job at the dinner table.
2. Stress to your teen that for now, school is their work. Attendance is important.
3. Explore with your teen, without being judgmental, her or his personal talents, strengths, likes and dislikes.
4. Help your teen experience first hand, as many different jobs, businesses and professions as possible. Explore job shadowing, mentoring, "Take Our Daughters to Work Day", internships, youth apprenticeships, cooperative education.
5. Provide as many opportunities as you can for your student to learn technology.
6. Pressure your schools to expose students to career choices.
7. Guide your teenage toward acquiring skills.
8. Talk to your teen about work and career as a goal for her or his education.
Source: American Vocational Association
TAKE AN INTEREST INVENTORY
TAKE AN INTEREST INVENTORY ONCE A YEAR STARTING WITH FRESHMAN YEAR : http://cacareerzone.org;
VIEW INSPIRATIONAL VIDEOS : www.roadtripnation.com; roadtripnation.org
VIEW 8 2 B GREAT : www.cacareercafe.com